Flatiron Construction Corp. (FLATIRON) together with its joint venture partner, AECON, has been selected by Alberta Transportation to construct the Peace River Bridge structure and twinning Highway 2 as well as the twinning of 1.6 kilometers of Highway 2 through the town of Peace River.
The Peace River Bridge Twinning Project, valued at nearly $149.5 million (CAD), consist of the construction of the twinning of Highway 2 through the town including a new bridge to carry the proposed Highway 2 westbound lanes over the Peace River. The project also includes the partial construction of two interchanges, secant pile retaining walls, MSE walls, and three new overpass structures.
In addition to creating hundreds of employment opportunities in the region, the project is expected to reduce congestion in the area and improve traffic flow and safety. Construction activity is anticipated to begin in October and conclude in October, 2020.
Source: Hochtief AG
- Amberg Technologies Ltd.: New Managing Director
- Implenia wins contract for Project at CERN in France
- DMT expands its Business to Raw Materials for Electric Mobility
- Eurovia signs an Agreement to acquire the Civil Engineering Company TNT in Québec in Canada
- Flatiron secures Contract on Winston-Salem Northern Beltway Project