Anglo American plc (“Anglo American”) announces the completion of the sale of its wholly owned interest in the Callide thermal coal mine (“Callide”) in Queensland, Australia to Batchfire Resources Pty Ltd, following the announcement of the share sale agreement on 20 January 2016.
Callide consists of an open cut thermal coal mine and associated processing infrastructure that produced 7.9Mt of coal in 2015 (and 5.5Mt in the first nine months of 2016), the majority of which was sold to two adjacent power stations under long term contracts.
The terms of the transaction remain confidential.
Source: Anglo American
- BHP celebrated two important Milestones for Olympic Dam in Australia
- SSR Mining's Seabee Gold Operation strong preliminary Economic Assessment supports Mine Expansion Plan
- Eldorado Gold received Olympias Operating Permit and Permit for the Tailings Management Facility at Kokkinolakkas in Greece
- Alacer Gold provides Çöpler Sulfide Expansion Project Photos
- UGL awarded Melbourne suburban Network O&M Contract