Anglo American plc (“Anglo American”) announces the completion of the sale of its wholly owned interest in the Callide thermal coal mine (“Callide”) in Queensland, Australia to Batchfire Resources Pty Ltd, following the announcement of the share sale agreement on 20 January 2016.
Callide consists of an open cut thermal coal mine and associated processing infrastructure that produced 7.9Mt of coal in 2015 (and 5.5Mt in the first nine months of 2016), the majority of which was sold to two adjacent power stations under long term contracts.
The terms of the transaction remain confidential.
Source: Anglo American
- Eldorado announces preliminary 2017 operational Results and partial 2018 Guidance
- Keliber's Lithium chemical Plant will be located in Kokkola in Finland
- LNG Exports break new Records, Coal delivered to the World
- Cambodian Exploration Opportunity
- Eldorado Gold announced Update on its Board of Directors