Atlas Copco, a leading provider of sustainable productivity, will collaborate with defense and security company Saab AB and its subsidiary Combitech AB to provide mining customers with solutions for advanced and secure digitalized operations.
The collaboration builds upon Atlas Copco’s strong position in the mining industry, Saab’s technical platforms, and Combitech’s working methods and experience gained from successfully digitalizing the Gripen E fighter aircraft. The new partnership includes digitalization work on autonomous mining and related control tower, cyber security and ecosystem solutions.
"This collaboration is fully in line with our vision of the digital mine of the future," said Helena Hedblom, President of Atlas Copco’s Mining and Rock Excavation Technique business area. "We will support our customers as they enhance their productivity through smart digitalization of their mining and tunneling operations. We are teaming up with the best in the industry – together we will bring even more productivity and safety to customers.”
This collaboration is another example of Atlas Copco's increased focus on the safe digitalization of mining operations. Earlier this year, Atlas Copco acquired a stake in Mobilaris MCE, a business whose software solutions provide users with a comprehensive picture of the mining operations, real-time positioning, and status information about vehicles, equipment and personnel.
Source: Atlas Copco
- Regular Land Releases Feed Future Exploration Success in Queensland
- Continental acquired South African Tech Company to further develop its Services for the Conveyor Industry
- Locomotives at Gazprom's Obskaya-Bovanenkovo Railroad to be fueled with LNG
- Turquoise Hill hosts financial Community Visit to Oyu Tolgoi in Mongolia
- SNC-Lavalin awarded Contract by Acron Group Subsidiary Novgorodskiy GIAP for Engineering and Licensing Services at the Dorogobuzh Project in Russia