Atlas Copco, a leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions, has inaugurated an expanded innovation center in Bretten, Germany. The center will meet growing customer demand for testing and developing innovative joining technologies.
In the new high-tech facility customers from the automotive and general industries get the opportunity to develop and test different advanced joining methods under one roof.
"The innovation center gives us an increased capacity to drive innovation and create solutions together with our customers," said Henrik Elmin, Business Area President, Industrial Technique.
The German facility is one of ten Atlas Copco innovation centers worldwide, from China to the U.S. The expansion of this facility increases the number of possible customer projects tested at the innovation center from about 250 to 500 annually. Increased space was also needed for customer and employee training, a new logistics system and more office space for existing and new employees. Atlas Copco invested about MEUR 6.8 (MSEK 70) in the upgrade. Over 400 employees work at the center that will mainly serve central and the south west of Europe.
Adhesives are increasingly used for example by automotive manufacturers that want to use lighter materials such as aluminum instead of steel to make the vehicles more fuel efficient. Traditional welding can be difficult with the lighter materials, opening up for alternative assembly technologies.
Atlas Copco has three strong brands in industrial assembly solutions. SCA, Henrob and Atlas Copco. The business area is now consolidating the three brands into the one Atlas Copco brand to increase service and productivity for customers. SCA and Henrob will still be used for product branding.
Source: Atlas Copco
- Continental präsentiert Reifen-, Dienstleistungs- und Lösungsangebot für Bauindustrie im Caterpillar Demonstration and Learning Center in Málaga
- New Geosynthetic Support Pad with high Capacity
- Endomines commences Employee Co-operation Negotiations at the Pampalo Mine in Finland
- Wacker Neuson präsentiert ersten akkubetriebenen Zero Tail Minibagger
- BASF presents new fire-resistant Tail Sealant for Underground Construction at World Tunnel Congress in Dubai