Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group, has been awarded a £150 million contract by LBS Properties to deliver the main construction works of The Madison Tower in Canary Wharf, London.
Following its initial £1 million pre-construction services agreement in 2016, the main construction contract will see Balfour Beatty deliver this 53-storey landmark tower to include 423 residential apartments, residents’ lounge and business facilities.
Dean Banks, Managing Director of Balfour Beatty’s UK Construction Services business, said:”Following a successful partnership with LBS Properties during the pre-construction phase, we’re delighted to have been appointed to deliver full construction of this iconic structure. Our in-depth knowledge and expertise will ensure that we can efficiently and effectively, deliver this complex building and further support the on-going transformation of the local area.”
Nick Crawford, Director at LBS Properties, said: “Balfour Beatty has impressed us since the initial pre-construction services contract was awarded and we now look forward to working together to see the project through to completion.”
With piling works and basement excavation underway, main construction work is scheduled for completion in 2020.
Source: Balfour Beatty
- Crossrail completes striking new architectural Ceilings at Farringdon and Liverpool Street Elizabeth Line Stations
- Transforming Stabilisation in Shanghai
- Cimic's Thiess wins Mount Pleasant Mining Services Contract
- SNC-Lavalin awarded Design Services Contract by Codelco for the Talabre Tailings Expansion Project in Chile
- Foundation Works on former Brewery Site: Bauer constructed the Excavation Pits for the Berlin Schultheiss Quartier