Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group, has been awarded a £150 million contract by LBS Properties to deliver the main construction works of The Madison Tower in Canary Wharf, London.
Following its initial £1 million pre-construction services agreement in 2016, the main construction contract will see Balfour Beatty deliver this 53-storey landmark tower to include 423 residential apartments, residents’ lounge and business facilities.
Dean Banks, Managing Director of Balfour Beatty’s UK Construction Services business, said:”Following a successful partnership with LBS Properties during the pre-construction phase, we’re delighted to have been appointed to deliver full construction of this iconic structure. Our in-depth knowledge and expertise will ensure that we can efficiently and effectively, deliver this complex building and further support the on-going transformation of the local area.”
Nick Crawford, Director at LBS Properties, said: “Balfour Beatty has impressed us since the initial pre-construction services contract was awarded and we now look forward to working together to see the project through to completion.”
With piling works and basement excavation underway, main construction work is scheduled for completion in 2020.
Source: Balfour Beatty
- Fugro undertakes marine and land surveys for strategic UAE Hail and Ghasha Gas Development in the United Arab Emirates
- London Bridge Station opens
- Remediation of the Kesslergrube Landfill in Germany: Bauer Umwelt starts regular Excavations
- Pöyry awarded Owner's Engineer Services Assignment for a large gas-fired combined Cycle Power Plant Project in Malaysia
- Fugro completes the deep Foundation Testing for signature Tower in Dubai