The Swedish Transport Administration (Trafikverket) has selected Wayss & Freytag Ingenieurbau AG – the German tunnelling specialist of Royal BAM Group nv – in joint venture NCC (one of the leading companies in construction, infrastructure and property development in the Nordic region) to build the 3.2 kilometre long Korsvägen phase of the West Link tunnel project in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The contract value is approximately €385 million (SEK3.8 billion). Wayss & Freytag Ingenieurbau has a 40 per cent share in the joint venture. Construction start-up is planned for spring 2018 and the project is expected to run until 2026.
The West Link (Västlänken) is an eight kilometre long double track railway, including a six kilometre railway tunnel, underneath the city of Gothenburg. is a railway connection in a tunnel under the centre of Gothenburg. The tunnel will connect commuter rail services to routes that pass through the city, and give rise to three new underground stations in Gothenburg. The West Link will facilitate travelling. Train frequency can be increased, travel times made shorter and passengers can reach more destinations without transfers.
Source: Royal BAM Group
- Pöyry awarded environmental Impact Assessment Assignment for Kafue Gorge Lower Hydropower Project in Zambia, Africa
- Herrenknecht Borer secures Power Supply in West Africa
- Fugro undertakes marine and land surveys for strategic UAE Hail and Ghasha Gas Development in the United Arab Emirates
- USA: New Anacostia River Tunnel Project Video
- London Bridge Station opens