BAM International bv – the operating company of Royal BAM Group nv, active outside Europe – has been awarded a design and construct contract to build road infrastructure worth €14.5 million for global trade enabler DP World at their flagship Jebel Ali Port and Free Zone in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The 2.75 km of dual carriageway will connect the port’s latest Container Terminal 4 (CT4) to the city’s existing road network to further develop Jebel Ali’s multi-modal logistics corridor. The project also entails the construction of two bridges that will cross the existing gas utility corridor, associated drainage, lighting, signage and precast barriers.
The project is expected to take 15 months to complete, excluding the time for preliminary site investigation works.
Earlier this year BAM International handed over Jebel Ali Terminal 4 (phase 1, 1b and 2) to DP World. BAM successfully completed the construction of 2,300 m of quay wall, as well as a 440-metre long access bridge and a 3.5 km causeway to link the new terminal being built on an island of reclaimed land to the main port.
Source: Royal BAM Group
- Fugro undertakes marine and land surveys for strategic UAE Hail and Ghasha Gas Development in the United Arab Emirates
- Pöyry awarded Owner's Engineer Services Assignment for a large gas-fired combined Cycle Power Plant Project in Malaysia
- Fugro completes the deep Foundation Testing for signature Tower in Dubai
- Balfour Beatty Joint Venture awarded Contract for the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Fugro to play pivotal Role in Norway’s largest ever Highway Project