In alignment with the strategic review Skanska undertakes a comprehensive restructuring of the business to improve profitability. Skanska will also make a number of organizational and leadership changes.
Skanska announces a new Group Leadership Team working closer to the Business units in order to strengthen the units’ performance. A review of the Group Governance in order to reduce costs and increase organizational effectiveness has been initiated.
The Group Leadership Team
- Anders Danielsson, President and CEO: The Construction Business Unit Presidents in the Nordics and Europe will report directly to Anders Danielsson.
- Worked at Skanska since 1991
- Caroline Fellenius-Omnell, Executive Vice President, General Counsel
- Worked at Skanska since 2017
- Richard Kennedy, Executive Vice President, responsibility for Skanska USA Construction and Skanska Infrastructure Development:
- Previously Business Unit President Skanska USA Building
- Worked at Skanska since 2004
- Claes Larsson, Executive Vice President, responsibility for Commercial Development globally, Residential Development Europe and BoKlok
- Worked at Skanska since 1990
- Kirsi Mettälä, Executive Vice President, Human Resources
- Previously Senior Vice President Human Resources, Skanska Finland
- Worked at Skanska since 1994
- Magnus Persson, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Previously Chief Financial Officer, Skanska Sweden
- Worked at Skanska since 2006
The Business Unit Presidents will be members of an Extended Leadership Team. Paul Hewins, up to now COO Skanska USA Building, succeeds Richard Kennedy as Business Unit President Skanska USA Building. Magnus Persson, up to now Executive Vice President Skanska Poland with responsibility for the Building operations, succeeds Piotr Janiszewski as Business Unit President Skanska Poland.
All changes are effective as of today, January 17, with the exception of CFO Magnus Persson, who will take on his position as of February 2. Members of the former Executive team, Pierre Olofsson, Veronica Rörsgård, Peter Wallin and Christel Åkerman will leave Skanska.
“I want to give a warm welcome to the members of the new Group Leadership Team. I am looking forward to work together to create a more profitable Skanska. I also want to extend a sincere thank you to Pierre Olofsson, Veronica Rörsgård, Christel Åkerman and Peter Wallin for all their hard work and their years in Skanska. They have all been key to developing Skanska to the highest international standard within their respective field”, said Anders Danielsson, President and CEO, Skanska.
“I also want to thank Piotr Janiszewski for his many years with Skanska and welcome Paul Hewins and Magnus Persson to their new positions”, said Anders Danielsson.
- Pöyry renames Regional Operations Business Group to 'Infra, Water and Environment Business Group'
- New President and CEO of Boliden
- SNC-Lavalin's President and CEO appointed Co-chair of World Economic Forum Anti-Corruption Initiative
- Atlas Copco announces three new Members of the Board of Directors of Epiroc AB
- Key Transportation Leader joins growing Hatch NYC Team