Cimic Group’s global mining services provider, Thiess, has secured two contracts with a combined revenue of $440 million to provide mining services at BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance’s (BMA) Caval Ridge and Peak Downs coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, Australia.
Over three years, Thiess will deliver mining services for specific components of work including the services required for Caval Ridge Southern Circuit (CRSC).
Cimic Chief Executive Officer Adolfo Valderas said: “This contract reflects Thiess’ ongoing commitment to optimising value for its clients, through flexible mining solutions.”
Cimic Group Executive Mining and Mineral Processing and Thiess Managing Director Douglas Thompson said: “We’re extremely proud to be partnering with BMA, building on our long-standing history in Central Queensland.
“This contract will enable Thiess to deliver productivity efficiencies, working with BMA to bring additional job opportunities to the region.”
Work at Caval Ridge will commence in 2017.
Source: Hochtief AG
- Glencore to acquire Hail Creek Coal Mine in Queensland
- New ABB Ability Collaborative Operations Center in Sweden to serve Process Industries
- Cimic’s Thiess wins Dawson South Extension in Australia
- Orica and Elphinstone celebrate Australian Innovation and regional Jobs
- Hochtief und Vinci planen und bauen Metrolinie in Kopenhagen