Cimic Group’s global mining services provider, Thiess, has been awarded a new contract at Gunung Bara Utama (GBU) Coal Mine in the West Kurai region, East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Under the contract, Thiess will deliver total mining solutions from 2017 until 2024, generating total revenue of approximately A$437 million1.
Cimic Group Chief Executive Officer Adolfo Valderas said: “This new contract in Indonesia demonstrates how Thiess is continuing to expand mining operations by establishing valuable partnerships with our mining clients.”
Cimic Group Executive Mining and Mineral Processing and Thiess Managing Director Douglas Thompson said: “Our mining business is in a strong position, which is reinforced by this new contract.
“We’re excited to partner with GBU to deliver on its strategic and operational objectives, leveraging our established innovative and proven mining solutions in the region.”
1Using the exchange rate of A$1=US$0.789
Source: Hochtief AG
- Biomore presented Underground Installation of Pilot Plant in Rudna Mine
- Akastor ASA: MHWirth awarded Contract for West White Rose Project
- Bilfinger extends comprehensive Framework Agreement with Statoil until 2031
- Vinci Subsidiary wins a Contract to build an Oil Pipeline for the Trans Mountain Expansion Project (TMEP) in Canada
- BAM wins Road Infrastructure Contract at global Trade Enabler DP World’s Flagship in Dubai