Cimic Group’s global mining services provider, Thiess, has been awarded a new contract at Gunung Bara Utama (GBU) Coal Mine in the West Kurai region, East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Under the contract, Thiess will deliver total mining solutions from 2017 until 2024, generating total revenue of approximately A$437 million1.
Cimic Group Chief Executive Officer Adolfo Valderas said: “This new contract in Indonesia demonstrates how Thiess is continuing to expand mining operations by establishing valuable partnerships with our mining clients.”
Cimic Group Executive Mining and Mineral Processing and Thiess Managing Director Douglas Thompson said: “Our mining business is in a strong position, which is reinforced by this new contract.
“We’re excited to partner with GBU to deliver on its strategic and operational objectives, leveraging our established innovative and proven mining solutions in the region.”
1Using the exchange rate of A$1=US$0.789
Source: Hochtief AG
- Pöyry awarded environmental Impact Assessment Assignment for Kafue Gorge Lower Hydropower Project in Zambia, Africa
- Fugro undertakes marine and land surveys for strategic UAE Hail and Ghasha Gas Development in the United Arab Emirates
- Eldorado announces preliminary 2017 operational Results and partial 2018 Guidance
- Keliber's Lithium chemical Plant will be located in Kokkola in Finland
- LNG Exports break new Records, Coal delivered to the World