Cimic Group’s global mining services provider, Thiess, has been awarded a A$300 million contract by Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC) to expand operations at Sangatta coal mine in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The contract will extend the current life-of-mine contract, increasing coal production at the Melawan pit by 12 million tonnes and overburden removal by 130 million bcm over four years, until December 2021.
Cimic Chief Executive Officer Adolfo Valderas said: “This contract demonstrates Thiess’ long-standing commitment to delivering value to our clients across our global mining platform. I am pleased to see our team continue to grow and prosper in Indonesia, where we have been operating for some 29 years.”
Cimic Group Mining and Minerals Executive and Thiess Managing Director, Douglas Thompson said: “I’m delighted to strengthen our long-term partnership with KPC as we work together to deliver cost-effective outcomes. This expansion builds on our successful history at Sangatta where we have been operating since 2003 and reflects our ability to deliver cost-effective and scalable solutions tailored to our client’s production and expansion needs.”
Source: Hochtief AG
- New Innovation Projects for DMT in the Raw Materials Sector
- Pöyry awarded basic Design Engineering Services Assignment for Beyhan II Dam and Hydroelectric Power Plant in Turkey
- Grand Paris, a 500th Project for CBE Group
- Strabag to build further Akalla Tunnel Section for the Stockholm Motorway Ring
- Pöyry awarded Site Supervision Services Assignment for the Rehabilitation of Highways A1 and A10 in Austria