Cimic Group’s global mining services provider, Thiess, has secured a mining services contract with Mach Energy’s new Mount Pleasant coal mine in Australia’s Hunter Valley region in New South Wales.
The new contract will generate total revenue of approximately $500 million. Thiess will undertake total mining operations at Mount Pleasant until 2021, including mine planning and engineering.
Cimic Chief Executive Officer Adolfo Valderas said: “This contract award is a reflection of Thiess’ ability to deliver a tailored, total mine solution to our clients, and is a valued addition to our expanding mining portfolio.”
Cimic Group Executive Mining and Mineral Processing and Thiess Managing Director Michael Wright said: “We are proud to be developing the world-class Mt Pleasant coal operation focused on achieving successful outcomes for our clients and the community. We are very pleased to continue our long-standing presence in the Hunter Valley.”
The Mount Pleasant coal mine has an estimated 474 million tonnes of total marketable coal reserves to be mined.
Source: Hochtief AG
- Boliden appoints new President Business Area Mines
- Savannah Resources engages Hatch for Mina do Barroso lithium project in Portugal
- Implenia wins contract for Project at CERN in France
- DMT expands its Business to Raw Materials for Electric Mobility
- Endomines commences Employee Co-operation Negotiations at the Pampalo Mine in Finland