Cimic Group company, UGL, has been awarded the contract for the process upgrade and equipment replacement project at the Woodleigh Waterworks by PUB, Singapore’s national water agency.
Cimic Group Chief Executive Officer Adolfo Valderas said: “This SGD67.5 million1 revenue contract reflects UGL’s depth of experience in water services and its commitment to delivering cost effective solutions to our clients.”
UGL Managing Director Juan Santamaria said: “UGL has been working with PUB for more than 30 years, across multiple waterworks and reclamation projects. We are pleased to continue our relationship with PUB through the delivery of the Woodleigh Waterworks contract.”
Located in the central area of Singapore, the Woodleigh project comprises:
- the construction of process upgrades and equipment replacement, commencing in March 2017 with completion expected by February 2019; and
- maintenance services of the new equipment over two years.
The Woodleigh Waterworks operates conventional drinking water treatment processes. Through this project, treatment process robustness will be increased by providing additional treatment processes including ozonation and biologically activated carbon (BAC) filters.
Source: Hochtief AG
- Pöyry awarded environmental Impact Assessment Assignment for Kafue Gorge Lower Hydropower Project in Zambia, Africa
- Fugro undertakes marine and land surveys for strategic UAE Hail and Ghasha Gas Development in the United Arab Emirates
- Pöyry awarded Owner's Engineer Services Assignment for a large gas-fired combined Cycle Power Plant Project in Malaysia
- Balfour Beatty Joint Venture awarded Contract for the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Fugro to play pivotal Role in Norway’s largest ever Highway Project