Continental and Caterpillar Inc. have signed an agreement to equip Cat Off-Highway-Trucks (model series 770 to 775) with Continental RDT-Master tires in sizes 18.00R33, 21.00R33 and 24.00R35. The agreement also calls for the two companies to collaborate on designing new tires for two other Cat products: Medium Wheel Loaders and Articulated Dump Trucks.
Jan Skaletz, Key Account Manager for OTR tires, stated: “We are happy to announce the cooperation with Caterpillar on top of the launch of our new tire lines in the Mining and Construction segment. This cooperation underlines the significance that Caterpillar places in innovative technology, the customized solution approach and leading edge technology that Continental now offers in this new industry segment.”
Continental’s RDT-Master tires feature all-steel radial casings and belt packages for cut and impact resistance that provide outstanding traction in all directions. They will be listed on Caterpillar price lists starting in 2017 and can be specified by Caterpillar dealers and end users as first fit tires on new equipment orders.
Source: Continental AG
More information about Continental's "New Tire Lines for Construction and Mining Vehicles" in GeoResources Journal 2-2017, pp. 7-10: here
- Uniper and Singapore’s Pavilion Gas sign LNG Deal
- Eldorado Gold enters constructive Dialogue with Greek Government
- Thyssenkrupp and Tata Steel plan to create new No. 2 in European Steel Market
- BHP celebrated two important Milestones for Olympic Dam in Australia
- SSR Mining's Seabee Gold Operation strong preliminary Economic Assessment supports Mine Expansion Plan