The world's 8th largest potash producer, the Jordanian firm Arab Potash Company Ltd., is engaging the services of the German engineering and exploration company DMT for a ground survey at the Dead Sea.
In the Jordanian part of the sea, in the south-eastern area, depths, reliefs and coastal lines are to be mapped. In addition the layers and sediments below the seabed will be explored and characterized. The aim of this geophysical ground survey is to create a subsurface model for a planned pumping station, which will transport water from the Dead Sea to the potash production plant.
"This highly demanding and interesting project supports DMT’s strategy to expand our business activities in this region," explains Prof. Eiko Räkers, CEO. The survey, including a bathymetric survey as well as shallow water seismic investigation in an area of approximately 14 km² and a coastal topographic survey, will be carried out over a period of 2 to 3 months.
Source: DMT GmbH & Co. KG
- Neue Innovationsprojekte im Rohstoffsektor für DMT
- New Innovation Projects for DMT in the Raw Materials Sector
- Pöyry awarded basic Design Engineering Services Assignment for Beyhan II Dam and Hydroelectric Power Plant in Turkey
- Grand Paris, a 500th Project for CBE Group
- Strabag to build further Akalla Tunnel Section for the Stockholm Motorway Ring