Medusa Mining Limited (“Medusa” or the “Company”), through its Philippines operating company Philsaga Mining Corporation regrets to inform that a fatal accident has occured at its Co-O underground mine on 22nd March 2017.
The incident occurred at the start of dayshift on Level 8, where two contract miners were assigned to extend the timber support in a raise that was approximsately 6 metres above the main track level. The prelimnary investigation indicates that one miner accessed the work area above the level while the second miner was assembling the work tools on the main track drift a few meters away. The second miner heard a loud noise and immediately returned to the work area to find his work partner on the track level unconscious. He was immediately taken to the company hospital and pronouced dead on arrival.
The Mines and Geosciences Bureau have been notified and the mine continues to operate with activites in the incident area stopped while a detailed investigation is on-going.
The company is providing support for the deceased family.
Source: Medusa Mining
- Boliden appoints new President Business Area Mines
- Savannah Resources engages Hatch for Mina do Barroso lithium project in Portugal
- Endomines commences Employee Co-operation Negotiations at the Pampalo Mine in Finland
- Cimic's Thiess secures $140 Million Mt Owen Increase
- Resources win Gold in Job Numbers