Medusa Mining Limited (“Medusa” or the “Company”), through its Philippines operating company Philsaga Mining Corporation regrets to inform that a fatal accident has occured at its Co-O underground mine on 22nd March 2017.
The incident occurred at the start of dayshift on Level 8, where two contract miners were assigned to extend the timber support in a raise that was approximsately 6 metres above the main track level. The prelimnary investigation indicates that one miner accessed the work area above the level while the second miner was assembling the work tools on the main track drift a few meters away. The second miner heard a loud noise and immediately returned to the work area to find his work partner on the track level unconscious. He was immediately taken to the company hospital and pronouced dead on arrival.
The Mines and Geosciences Bureau have been notified and the mine continues to operate with activites in the incident area stopped while a detailed investigation is on-going.
The company is providing support for the deceased family.
Source: Medusa Mining
- Eldorado announces preliminary 2017 operational Results and partial 2018 Guidance
- Keliber's Lithium chemical Plant will be located in Kokkola in Finland
- LNG Exports break new Records, Coal delivered to the World
- Cambodian Exploration Opportunity
- Eldorado Gold announced Update on its Board of Directors