Femern A/S has today signed contracts with Ramboll-Arup-TEC JV for the supply of client consultancy services in the technical area and with ÅF – Hansen & Henneberg for the supply of in-house consultancy services, also in the technical area. The contracts cover consultancy services and technical support for the establishment of the fixed link across the Fehmarnbelt.
The planned 18 km immersed tunnel will connect Rødbyhavn in Denmark with Puttgarden in Germany. It will be the world's longest immersed tunnel and the world's longest road and rail tunnel under water.
Commenting on the two framework agreements, Technical Director Henrik Christensen, Femern A/S, said: "We have received strong and high calibre offers from the consultancy firms that took part in the two tenders. The appointment of the two consortia underlines our confidence in the robustness of our technical platform to support our work on the current German approval process prior to the start of construction. When it comes to building the world's longest immersed tunnel, quality should be "best in class" and we have no doubt that this is what our consultants will deliver. Their role will be to advise and challenge so that we achieve the best possible solutions. This, therefore, marks a very important day for the project. It's now a question of when, not whether, construction gets underway. Everything is ready on the Danish side and we are doing all that we can to win German approval as soon as possible".
A framework agreement on client consultancy services in the technical area has been signed with Rambøll-Arup-TEC Joint Venture (Denmark, UK, Holland) and the following sub-consultants:
- Schønherr A/S (Denmark)
- WTM Engineers GmbH (Germany)
A framework agreement on in-house consultancy services in the technical area has been signed with ÅF – Hansen & Henneberg A/S (Denmark) and the following sub-consultants:
- Atkins Danmark A/S (Denmark)
- Obermeyer Planen + Beraten GmbH (Germany)
- ÅF Infrastructure AB (Sweden)
Source: Femern A/S
- Amberg Technologies Ltd.: New Managing Director
- Sandvik at the World Tunnel Congress 2018: Optimize your drilling
- Implenia wins contract for Project at CERN in France
- Moving forward Hand in Hand: MAT Mischanlagentechnik operates under the Name Bauer MAT Slurry Handling Systems
- BASF presents new fire-resistant Tail Sealant for Underground Construction at World Tunnel Congress in Dubai