Flatiron Construction Corp. (FLATIRON), one of the largest infrastructure contractors in North America, announced that the joint venture team, led by Flatiron, executed the construction contract for the Interstate 5 North Coast Corridor Phase 1 Project for $220M. The joint venture team also includes Skanska and Stacy and Witbech. The total contract value is $550 million.
The North Coast Corridor is a multi-modal transit, transportation and environmental enhancement program located in San Diego County’s northern coastal area. It includes 14 miles of highway that connects the cities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Solana Beach, Del Mar, and San Diego. The project includes a variety of upgrades to the Interstate 5 highway, its bridges, adjacent railways and lagoons. This contract award specifically addresses HOV upgrades to the San Elijo highway section of Interstate 5 and Lossan rail section crossing of the San Elijo Lagoon.
Construction is expected to begin soon with completion scheduled for late 2020.
Source: Hochtief AG
- Implenia wins contract for Project at CERN in France
- Eurovia signs an Agreement to acquire the Civil Engineering Company TNT in Québec in Canada
- SNC-Lavalin and JV Driver awarded important EPC contract from INEOS at Chocolate Bayou, Texas
- Flatiron secures Contract on Winston-Salem Northern Beltway Project
- Sika’s First Factory in Senegal starts Operations