Flatiron Construction Corp. (FLATIRON), one of the largest infrastructure contractors in North America, announced that it has been awarded the contract by The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) for the Interstate 820 project.
The 3-mile improvement project includes reconstructing the existing roadway, building an additional lane in each direction, replacing the Trinity River Bridges, and creating new direct connectors to and from SH 121.
The East Loop 820 project is valued at $174 million and is part of the Texas Clear Lanes initiative which is designed to improve drive times and reduce costs while improving the quality of life for Texas.
Construction is expected to begin in the spring of 2018, with completion anticipated in 2023.
Source: Hochtief AG
- SNC-Lavalin and JV Driver awarded important EPC contract from INEOS at Chocolate Bayou, Texas
- Flatiron secures Contract on Winston-Salem Northern Beltway Project
- Cimic's Thiess secures $140 Million Mt Owen Increase
- Mott MacDonald—SNC-Lavalin JV wins Federal Way Link Extension Contract for Design-Build Management
- Nine technical Experts named to Parsons Fellows Program