Fugro has been awarded a joint contract with Boskalis for survey and identification of unexploded ordnance (UXO) in the Borssele Wind Farm Zone.
The multimillion-Euro contract, for Dutch transmission systems operator TenneT TSO B.V., includes specialised survey and identification work in relation to cable routes for the planned grid connection between TenneT’s two offshore platforms and its high-voltage substation onshore.
“Our project team will deliver a strong and reliable turnkey UXO identification solution,” said Gertjan Paff, Fugro’s Regional Project Director for Europe. “By integrating vessels and innovative systems developed in-house, we have successfully executed similar marine site characterisation projects in recent years.”
The new award follows a number of contracts undertaken by Fugro at the Borssele offshore wind farm site since early 2015, where workscopes have included geophysical surveys, geotechnical site investigations, integrated geological modelling and measuring meteorological and oceanographic conditions. The new UXO survey contract commences this summer and continues for a duration of approximately two years.
- Fugro undertakes marine and land surveys for strategic UAE Hail and Ghasha Gas Development in the United Arab Emirates
- Pöyry awarded Owner's Engineer Services Assignment for a large gas-fired combined Cycle Power Plant Project in Malaysia
- Fugro completes the deep Foundation Testing for signature Tower in Dubai
- Balfour Beatty Joint Venture awarded Contract for the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Fugro to play pivotal Role in Norway’s largest ever Highway Project