Coffey has been selected by Fulton Hogan Seymour Whyte Joint Venture (FHSW JV) as the provider for the primary geotechnical testing package on the Bruce Highway Upgrade – Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway – with scope for geotechnical engineering services.
The team will put in place an integrated delivery model to service the works on and off site at our Sunshine Coast laboratory, with specialist aggregate testing being facilitated from our Brisbane laboratory.
“This is an exciting win for the team, and consolidates our position as a sought after provider for testing services on major infrastructure works” said Dawn Watt, Testing General Manager Australia.
The project involves upgrading the Bruce Highway to six lanes between Caloundra Road and the Sunshine Motorway. This includes major upgrades to both interchanges and the delivery of a two way service road for local traffic on the western side of the highway between Steve Irwin Way and Tanawha Tourist Drive.
This $929.3m project has been jointly funded by the Australian Government and Queensland Government (80/20).
Major construction is expected to start mid-2017, continuing until late 2020.
- Alberta Transportation awards Peace River Bridge Twinning Project in Alberta to Flatiron/Aecon Joint Venture
- Sustainable and reliable Hatch-designed Chaudière Dam in Canada officially opens
- BHP celebrated two important Milestones for Olympic Dam in Australia
- Strabag Subsidiary awarded Tunnelling Contract in Singapore
- Major Contract for Construction of new Lock at Terneuzen in the Netherlands