The Board of Glencore plc announces the appointment of Martin Gilbert as an Independent Non-Executive Director of the Company with immediate effect.
Martin Gilbert is a co-founder and Chief Executive of Aberdeen Asset Management PLC, the holding company of the fund management group that was established in 1983.
Mr. Gilbert was appointed Chairman of the Prudential Regulation Authority's Practitioner Panel in December 2013. He sits on the Board of Directors of the Institute of International Finance. He is also a member of the International Advisory Panel of the Monetary Authority of Singapore and the International Advisory Board of British American Business. Mr. Gilbert is also the Deputy Chairman of Sky PLC.
Prior to this, Mr. Gilbert has served as Chairman of FirstGroup PLC.
Mr. Gilbert, who was born in Malaysia, was educated in Aberdeen and has an MA in Accountancy and an LLB. In 2009 he was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Laws by the University of Aberdeen. Mr. Gilbert is Adjunct Professor of Finance at Imperial College Business School and in 2014 was awarded a Doctorate of Letters from Heriot-Watt University.
Commenting on the new appointment, Tony Hayward, Chairman, stated: "On behalf of the Board I am delighted to announce the appointment of Martin Gilbert. Martin is one of the leading entrepreneurs of asset management and also has a long track record as a FTSE Non-Executive Director. We are delighted that Martin has agreed to join us and look forward to benefitting from his experience and insights."
The following matters require disclosure in accordance with paragraph 9.6.13R of the UKLA's Listing Rules:
Martin Gilbert is a director of:
- Aberdeen Asset Management PLC;
- Sky PLC;
- Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Fund, Inc;
- Aberdeen Global Income Fund, Inc;
- India Fund, Inc;
- Asia Tigers Fund, Inc;
- Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Investment Company Limited;
- Aberdeen Asian Smaller Companies Investment Trust PLC;
- Aberdeen Latin American Income Fund Limited; and
- The Enhanced Zero Trust PLC (in liquidation).
Source: Glencore International AG
- Eldorado announces preliminary 2017 operational Results and partial 2018 Guidance
- Keliber's Lithium chemical Plant will be located in Kokkola in Finland
- LNG Exports break new Records, Coal delivered to the World
- Cambodian Exploration Opportunity
- Parsons appoints new Vice President, Transport Division