Glencore announces that it has been engaged by Nyrstar to provide, through the Kazzinc operation in Kazakhstan, training and ramp-up support services in connection with Nyrstar's Transformation Project in Port Pirie, South Australia. This follows the successful implementation of Kazzinc's New Metallurgy Project, which was completed in 2012.
The Transformation Project includes the installation of an Ausmelt Furnace alongside the existing Blast Furnace. Kazzinc's New Metallurgy Project utilises Glencore Technology's ISASMELTTM process coupled with the existing Blast Furnace.
As part of this project, Glencore Technology will provide an ISASMELTTM licence to Nyrstar. This licence will allow Nyrstar to operate certain patented production processes, providing maximum flexibility for the Port Pirie smelter in the selection of its feedstock.
The support services will include:
- Training of Nyrstar personnel at the Kazzinc lead smelting operations in Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan;
- Training of Nyrstar personnel and commissioning assistance by Kazzinc personnel at the Nyrstar Port Pirie operation during the commissioning and ramp up stages.
Glencore looks forward to working with Nyrstar during this project.
- SNC-Lavalin announces new global Structure
- Record-breaking year recognised at Fortescue AGM
- Glencore completes Acquisition of voting Shares of Volcan Compañia Minera S.A.A.
- First Production from Dugald River in Queensland, Mine officially opened
- Cimic appoints Chief Executive Officer and Deputy CEO, COO