After having suffered a fire in July 2016, a second fire was reported in the Dartford Tunnel in September last year. The fire in a passenger car was detected by the incident detection system, the Fogtec water mist system was activated directly thereafter.
The full scale tested water mist system was activated on a total length of 75m, divided into 3 x 25m long sections. Thanks to the quick deploy of the system, no people were injured in this event. The fire brigade was able to enter the tunnel and reach the fire without any difficulties. The tunnel was reopened for traffic already in less than 90 minutes after the fire has started, and no fundamental damages were noticed in the tunnel. As in the previous fire in July 2016 the water mist has again worked perfectly, preventing damage to the tunnel and leading to a high availability of the infrastructure and a quick re-opening of the tunnel for traffic.
Source: Fogtec Brandschutz GmbH & Co. KG
- Joint Venture of Vinci Construction with Spie batignolles wins Contract on Line 15 South of the Grand Paris Express Transport Network
- Implenia wins new Infrastructure Job in Sweden
- Fugro’s below-ground Picture supports above-ground Operations at Aviation Museum in United Kingdom
- Salini Impregilo completes Line 3 Tunnel Excavation for Riyadh Metro Project
- Balfour Beatty secures Construction Contract for London residential Tower ‘The Madison’