After having suffered a fire in July 2016, a second fire was reported in the Dartford Tunnel in September last year. The fire in a passenger car was detected by the incident detection system, the Fogtec water mist system was activated directly thereafter.
The full scale tested water mist system was activated on a total length of 75m, divided into 3 x 25m long sections. Thanks to the quick deploy of the system, no people were injured in this event. The fire brigade was able to enter the tunnel and reach the fire without any difficulties. The tunnel was reopened for traffic already in less than 90 minutes after the fire has started, and no fundamental damages were noticed in the tunnel. As in the previous fire in July 2016 the water mist has again worked perfectly, preventing damage to the tunnel and leading to a high availability of the infrastructure and a quick re-opening of the tunnel for traffic.
Source: Fogtec Brandschutz GmbH & Co. KG
- Climate Change Minister launches Powering Past Coal Alliance at COP23
- Robust Robbins EPB completes third Bore for Chennai Metro Project in India
- Advertising with the GeoResources Portal and Magazines
- A 100th System for Robbins Continuous Conveyors
- Arup provides Planning Services for the new Wesel bypass in Germany