Tunisian Public Works Minister has inaugurated the opening of the motorway section Sfax North-Sfax Sud-Mahres built by Salini Impregilo as part of the Trans-Maghreb Motorway Axis, an international project to improve transportation links among Mauritania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya.
The head of Société Tunisie Autoroutes, as well as Sfax Governor and Gabes Governor Mongi Thameur were also in attendance.
The Trans-Maghreb Motorway Axis consists of six lots for a combined 156 km. Salini Impregilo has built the first two lots of the project, each featuring about 25 km of dual-carriage motorway with two lanes in each direction, a hard shoulder and a central reservation. The value of the contract for the two lots was €80 million. The definitive completion of these two lots is expected in November.
The project will serve as an important communication artery to the south of Tunisia. It stands to improve transportation conditions, as well as reduce travel times and the risk of accidents. For the Group the event symbolizes another important milestone for the ongoing projects in the highway sector.
Source: Salini Impregilo
- Fugro undertakes marine and land surveys for strategic UAE Hail and Ghasha Gas Development in the United Arab Emirates
- USA: New Anacostia River Tunnel Project Video
- Remediation of the Kesslergrube Landfill in Germany: Bauer Umwelt starts regular Excavations
- Fugro completes the deep Foundation Testing for signature Tower in Dubai
- Balfour Beatty Joint Venture awarded Contract for the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority