The Lane Construction Corporation (Salini Impregilo Group) has won a $336-million design-build contract for the extension of the 395 Express Lanes in the U.S. state of Virginia. Preliminary work is expected to begin in March 2017.
Lane will build an eight-mile extension of the 95 Express Lanes from Edsall Road in Fairfax County to Eads Street in Arlington County. The work will extend the 95 Express Lanes to the Washington, D.C., line and is expected to reduce congestion significantly along the I-395 corridor.
The 395 Extension project will add to Lane’s portfolio of Express Lane work in Virginia. Lane was part of a joint-venture team that built 29 miles of the 95 Express Lanes from Alexandria to Stafford, and a 14-mile stretch of the 495 Express Lanes from the Springfield Interchange to just north of the Dulles Toll Road. Salini Impregilo and Lane are working on a number of large, strategic road projects in various states. Notable ones for which Lane is a member of a joint-venture include the $2.3 billion I-4 Ultimate in Orlando, Florida, the $2 billion Purple Line transit system in Maryland and the $1 billion IH-35E Managed Lanes project in Texas.
This contract is part of the €850 million worth of orders received by Lane since the beginning of the year, news of which was already given to the market.
Source: Salini Impregilo
- Alberta Transportation awards Peace River Bridge Twinning Project in Alberta to Flatiron/Aecon Joint Venture
- New Conveyor Components Territory Manager for Superior Industries in USA
- Strabag Subsidiary awarded Tunnelling Contract in Singapore
- Major Contract for Construction of new Lock at Terneuzen in the Netherlands
- Inauguration of the Gabes-Sfax Motorway in Tunisia