Mandalay Resources Corporation ("Mandalay" or the "Company") (TSX:MND) announces the following changes to its management team, effective immediately:
- Bradford Mills to serve as Chair of the Board. Mr. Mills was previously Executive Chairman.
- Belinda Labatte to serve as Chief Development Officer. Ms. Labatte was previously Head of Stakeholder Engagement & Corporate Affairs.
- Chris Gregory to serve as Vice President Operational Geology and Exploration. Mr. Gregory was previously Vice President Operational Geology and Chief Shield Geologist.
- Andre Booyzen to serve as Vice President Leadership Development, Performance & Sustainability. Mr. Booyzen was previously General Manager of the Costerfield mine.
- Melanie McCarthy to serve as General Manager of Costerfield. Ms. McCarthy was previously Project Manager at Costerfield.
- Pär Göting to serve as General Manager of Björkdal. Mr. Göting joined the Company April 5, 2017, replacing the previous general manager who had resigned in 2016.
- Jasmine Virk to serve as Director Corporate Affairs and Corporate Secretary. Ms. Virk was previously Director Corporate Affairs.
Mark Sander, President and CEO of Mandalay Resources, commented, “I am delighted to announce these new and expanded roles within the Company that will augment organizational collaboration and effectiveness. Also. I am pleased to introduce Pär Göting, who joins us from Boliden as our new General Manager at Björkdal. These changes serve to increase our capacity to discover, evaluate and capture new acquisition opportunities at the same time as planning and delivering robust operating results at a growing number of operations going forward. The changes also represent recognition of our people for high performance in their previous roles.”
Dr. Sander concluded, “I wish to thank Brad Mills for his work as Executive Chairman in 2016 and look forward to his continuing contributions as Chair going forward.”
About Mandalay Resources Corporation
Mandalay Resources is a Canadian-based natural resource company with producing assets in Australia, Chile, and Sweden, and a development project in Chile. The Company is focused on executing a roll-up strategy, creating critical mass by aggregating advanced or in-production gold, silver, and antimony projects in Australia, the Americas, and Europe to generate near-term cash flow and shareholder value.