The 5,8 kilometers long Nordnes tunnel in the province of Tromsö in northern Norway was successfully broken through on the 7th December 2016
The last detonation for the successful breakthrough of the 5,8-kilometers-long tunnel took place on Wednesday the 7th December. The new twin-track road tunnel shortens the E6 between Tromsö and the North cape, which is endangered by falling rocks, by eight kilometers. The new road section will be opened to traffic at the end of 2018.
Source: Marti AG
- Cimic's CPB Contractors preferred for Metro Tunnel Rail Systems in Australia
- Sika invests in Membrane Production in Russia
- Herrenknecht TBM constructs large Road Tunnel in Switzerland
- Durchbruch Sanierungstunnel Belchen in der Schweiz
- Salini Impregilo and Lane win Tunnel Contract in Washington, D.C.