The 5,8 kilometers long Nordnes tunnel in the province of Tromsö in northern Norway was successfully broken through on the 7th December 2016
The last detonation for the successful breakthrough of the 5,8-kilometers-long tunnel took place on Wednesday the 7th December. The new twin-track road tunnel shortens the E6 between Tromsö and the North cape, which is endangered by falling rocks, by eight kilometers. The new road section will be opened to traffic at the end of 2018.
Source: Marti AG
- Fogtec Part of Tunnel Safety Project TUSI in Austria
- Inauguration of South Europe Atlantic SEA Tours-Bordeaux high Speed Line in France
- Tunnel Breakthrough in the Heart of the German Capital
- Femern A/S signs Contracts with Engineering Consultants
- The Rapid Excavation and Tunneling Conference RETC returns in 2017 to San Diego