MMG Limited (MMG) announced that Chief Operating Officer, Mr Marcelo Bastos, has resigned from MMG and will depart the Company in August 2017.
Mr Bastos was appointed Chief Operating Officer in 2011 with responsibility for all MMG’s operating assets, assuming responsibility for marketing since 2015.
MMG CEO, Mr Jerry Jiao, said the Board, Management and all at MMG acknowledge Marcelo’s significant contribution to MMG over the past six years.
“Marcelo has helped drive MMG’s expansion from Australia and Asia into a global mining company. He played a key role in the acquisition, integration and ramp up of Kinsevere in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Las Bambas in Peru, and in shaping MMG to be recognised as a world-class operator,” he said.
A succession process will now commence and Mr Bastos will support the operations team during a transition period.
MMG Chief Operating Officer, Mr Marcelo Bastos said he feels privileged to have been a part of the successful MMG story.
“This is a world-class mining company and I know MMG has a great future ahead. I am thankful for the many opportunities I have had during my 30 year career and for the strong support of my family,” he said.
- Eldorado announces preliminary 2017 operational Results and partial 2018 Guidance
- Keliber's Lithium chemical Plant will be located in Kokkola in Finland
- LNG Exports break new Records, Coal delivered to the World
- Cambodian Exploration Opportunity
- Parsons appoints new Vice President, Transport Division