Queensland Resources Council Chief Executive, Ian Macfarlane, applauded the decision by MMG to transfer its Century zinc mine in north west Queensland to Century Mine Rehabilitation Project Pty Ltd as a clear and practical example of MMG’s commitment to the environment and the local economy.
“I congratulate MMG on its decision to transfer the mine with not only a focus on reviving the region’s economy but also to the benefit of the environment,” Mr Macfarlane said. “It provides a new economic opportunity for the mine while also supporting a dedicated rehabilitation plan.”
The announcement is a win win for rehabilitation and the region – the mine will be given a new life with substantial zinc still to be extracted while the rehabilitation plan will be in place for the end of the mine’s life.
- Relocation in Malmberget in Sweden to continue Mining
- Thyssenkrupp to deliver Conveyor System for new underground Copper Mine in Mongolia
- Record Number of Birds visiting new Haven on Wallasea Island
- Cimic's CPB Contractors preferred for Metro Tunnel Rail Systems in Australia
- BHP invests in Olympic Dam smelter Operations in Australia