Queensland Resources Council Chief Executive, Ian Macfarlane, applauded the decision by MMG to transfer its Century zinc mine in north west Queensland to Century Mine Rehabilitation Project Pty Ltd as a clear and practical example of MMG’s commitment to the environment and the local economy.
“I congratulate MMG on its decision to transfer the mine with not only a focus on reviving the region’s economy but also to the benefit of the environment,” Mr Macfarlane said. “It provides a new economic opportunity for the mine while also supporting a dedicated rehabilitation plan.”
The announcement is a win win for rehabilitation and the region – the mine will be given a new life with substantial zinc still to be extracted while the rehabilitation plan will be in place for the end of the mine’s life.
- Eldorado Gold enters constructive Dialogue with Greek Government
- BHP celebrated two important Milestones for Olympic Dam in Australia
- SSR Mining's Seabee Gold Operation strong preliminary Economic Assessment supports Mine Expansion Plan
- Eldorado Gold received Olympias Operating Permit and Permit for the Tailings Management Facility at Kokkinolakkas in Greece
- Alacer Gold provides Çöpler Sulfide Expansion Project Photos