Randy Essex, Mott MacDonald's Executive Vice President and Director of Professional Excellence, has been elected to the Executive Council of the International Tunnelling Association for a three-year term.
The election took place at the General Assembly of the World Tunnel Congress in Bergen, Norway, held June 9 to 15.
“Randy Essex has played a key role in many of Mott MacDonald’s signature projects, including the Niagara Tunnel, New York Harbor Siphon Tunnel, Euclid Creek Storage Tunnel, and East Side Access,” said Nick DeNichilo, President and CEO of Mott MacDonald in North America. “His new position with the International Tunnelling Association is well deserved.”
Randy Essex has been involved with the planning, design, construction engineering, or dispute resolution for more than 160 tunnel projects. His tunneling experience encompasses projects across North America as well as Australia, Chile, Guatemala, Indonesia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, and Singapore.
In 2016, Essex was honored with the prestigious Golden Beaver award for engineering. For the last five years, he has served as the Underground Construction Association's Voting Delegate for the US at annual meetings of the World Tunnel Congress.
Source: Mott MacDonald
- Grand Paris, a 500th Project for CBE Group
- Fischer Heavy Duty Fixings in the Guiyang Metro Line 1 in China
- New Hatch Office opens in Melbourne
- Salini Impregilo wins ITA Award for its Tunneling Expertise in Anacostia River Tunnel Project, Washington D.C.
- Strabag to build further Akalla Tunnel Section for the Stockholm Motorway Ring