Randy Essex, Mott MacDonald's Executive Vice President and Director of Professional Excellence, has been elected to the Executive Council of the International Tunnelling Association for a three-year term.
The election took place at the General Assembly of the World Tunnel Congress in Bergen, Norway, held June 9 to 15.
“Randy Essex has played a key role in many of Mott MacDonald’s signature projects, including the Niagara Tunnel, New York Harbor Siphon Tunnel, Euclid Creek Storage Tunnel, and East Side Access,” said Nick DeNichilo, President and CEO of Mott MacDonald in North America. “His new position with the International Tunnelling Association is well deserved.”
Randy Essex has been involved with the planning, design, construction engineering, or dispute resolution for more than 160 tunnel projects. His tunneling experience encompasses projects across North America as well as Australia, Chile, Guatemala, Indonesia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, and Singapore.
In 2016, Essex was honored with the prestigious Golden Beaver award for engineering. For the last five years, he has served as the Underground Construction Association's Voting Delegate for the US at annual meetings of the World Tunnel Congress.
Source: Mott MacDonald
- Strengthening of Nordic Mining's Group Management: New Chief Financial Officer
- Hochtief and Vinci to design and build Metro Line in Copenhagen
- Nomination Committee of Endomines AB proposed new Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Andrew Wolstenholme to step down as Crossrail Chief Executive
- Elizabeth Line Train makes successful maiden Voyage across South East London