Peter Bergman has been appointed as the new General Manager of Boliden Kevitsa. He will take over on August 15.
Peter Bergman has an M.Sc. in Mining Engineering from Luleå University of Technology. He joined Boliden in 2000 and has held several positions within Boliden Mines over the years. Most recently, he was Acting General Manager of Boliden Aitik and before that, the Mine Manager of the Kankberg Mine in the Boliden Area. Peter also knows Kevitsa well, as he was the Project Manager in charge of the integration project when Kevitsa was acquired by Boliden in 2016.
“Peter has a strong track record as a leader and is well equipped both to lead the continued development of Kevitsa and to secure its further integration into the Boliden family,” says Mikael Staffas, President Boliden Mines. “I would also like to thank Alan for his very strong leadership during Kevitsa’s recent transition phase.”
Alan Delaney, who is the present General Manager at Kevitsa will take up a senior position within First Quantum Minerals.
- Changes to the Board of Directors of Nordic Mining ASA
- BHP celebrated two important Milestones for Olympic Dam in Australia
- New Conveyor Components Territory Manager for Superior Industries in USA
- SSR Mining's Seabee Gold Operation strong preliminary Economic Assessment supports Mine Expansion Plan
- Eldorado Gold received Olympias Operating Permit and Permit for the Tailings Management Facility at Kokkinolakkas in Greece