Mikael Staffas has been appointed as new President and CEO of Boliden. He will assume the position on the 1st of June 2018.
"It feels very good to ensure the continuity in Boliden. Mikael knows the company very well and has a deep understanding of the strategic focus as well as the importance of continuous improvement of operations to ensure competitiveness and value creation", says Anders Ullberg, Chairman of the Board, Boliden.
"As proud I am over being part of Boliden's development in recent years, as much do I look forward to continuing the development of the company. Prior to that, it is just as important to maintain the pace of development within my current area of responsibility", says Mikael Staffas, Director Business Area Mines, Boliden.
Mikael Staffas has been at Boliden, and a part of Group Management, since 2011. First he held the position as CFO, and from 2015 he has been the Director of Business Area Mines. His previous experience include positions as CFO for Södra Skogsägarna as well as partner at McKinsey & Co. Mikael Staffas holds a M.Sc. Engineering from Royal Institute of Technology and a MBA from Insead.
The recruitment of a new Director for Business Area Mines will be commenced immediately.
- RPMGlobal announces the Completion of the MinVu Acquisition
- Pöyry awarded Engineering Services Assignment for Expansion of Outokumpu Mine in Kemi, Finland
- Boliden expands in Finland
- Statement by the QRC Chief Executive on Aurizon
- Pöyry renames Regional Operations Business Group to 'Infra, Water and Environment Business Group'