The Rapid Excavation and Tunneling Conference (RETC) in San Diego, California, June 4 – 7 will feature technical sessions, short courses and more.
This biennial international tunneling conference will draw tunneling experts from around the world to share the latest industry trends, news and innovations. RETC’s comprehensive program will provide everything tunnels ~ from planning to operation ~ featuring real-life tunneling projects from all over the world.
Successful tunneling projects begin with an experienced team and a solid plan and design. Understand how planning and design take two different routes with two completely different tunneling projects:
- Planning and Design of the New Ashbridges Bay Treatment Plant Outfall for the City of Toronto
G. Kramer, Hatch; D. Ross, CH2M; F. Duckett, W.F. Faird and Associates; J. Kempa-Teper, City of Toronto: The Ashbridges Bay Treatment Plant Outfall project involves the construction of a new tunneled outfall that will convey treated effluent water from the plant into Lake Ontario.
- Planning of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission’s Channel Tunnel
R.J. Caulfield, Jacobs Engineering; A. Hamid, Stantec/MWH Global; M. Wong, San Francisco Public Utilities Commission: The proposed Channel Tunnel is a critical component of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission’s Central Bayside System Improvements Project and is a key element of a $6.9-billion sewer system improvement program to upgrade the aging and seismically vulnerable wastewater facilities.
- Amberg Technologies Ltd.: New Managing Director
- Sandvik at the World Tunnel Congress 2018: Optimize your drilling
- Implenia wins contract for Project at CERN in France
- SNC-Lavalin and JV Driver awarded important EPC contract from INEOS at Chocolate Bayou, Texas
- Flatiron secures Contract on Winston-Salem Northern Beltway Project