Kalehan Murat Enerji Üretim A.S. has awarded Pöyry with the basic design engineering services assignment for the Beyhan II Dam and Hydroelectric Power Plant (HPP) project in Turkey. The assignment includes preparation of basic design with special emphasis on risk analysis for the dam and related structures, which will help determine the investment decision.
Beyhan II is currently at project design stage and construction work has not yet started. It is planned to be an earth fill clay core dam on the Murat River near the village of Beyhan in Palu district, Elazig Province, Turkey. On completion the project will have an installed capacity of 320 MW and an annual power generation of 710 GWh.
"Kalehan Energy Group is happy to extend their existing fruitful co-operation with Pöyry in the Beyhan 2 Project" said Mr. Keles, CEO of Kalehan Murat.
"Delivering clean, renewable energy projects in this region further strengthens Pöyry's position as one of the world's leading hydropower engineering consultancies" says Richard Pinnock, President of Pöyry's Energy Business Group.
The value of the order is not disclosed. The order will be recognised within the Energy Business Group order stock in H2/2017.
- Change in the Leadership of Pöyry Environment
- Cimic's Thiess secures Curragh Extension in Australia
- Compact, flexible, and efficient: the new Bauer BG 15 H ValueLine
- Pöyry awarded technical Consultancy Assignment for Inter RAO Export Power Plant Project in Cuba
- Leading geotechnical Engineer named as Fugro Chair in Geotechnics