Asfinag, the customer-financed, commercial operator and builder of motorways and expressways in Austria has awarded Pöyry, as part of a bidding consortium, with the technical consulting services assignment for the geotechnical measurements and tunnel scanners for the project S7 Fürstenfelder Schnellstraße, West section, lot 08 - Tunnel Rudersdorf and Wanne Rudersdorf Ost. The project will start in Q4 / 2018 and will be completed in late 2022.
The construction of the new S7 Fürstenfelder expressway between Riegersdorf and the Hungarian border near Heiligenkreuz will connect with the M8 in Hungary. In the future, the S7 will be integrated into the Trans-European Network (TEN) and will play an important role supporting trans-regional traffic, with the relief of heavily polluted local thoroughfares and as a connection of the Fürstenfeld region and southern Burgenland to the central region of Graz.
The pan-European idea of expansion and the aim to improve the local economy in Southeastern Styria and South Burgenland play an important role in this project.
The value of the contract is not disclosed. The order will be recognised within the Infrastructure, Water and Environment Business Group order stock from H1/2018 onwards.
- Balfour Beatty Far East Joint Venture wins residential Contract in Hong Kong
- Costain awarded Technology Contract by Highways England
- In-house Exhibition of the Bauer Maschinen Group
- Pöyry Research - Zero Carbon Gas could fully decarbonise Europe's Energy System by 2050 and save Consumers EUR 1,150bn
- Bauer AG is planning a Change in the Position of the Chairman of the Management Board and on the Supervisory Board