Salini Impregilo and Lane Construction Corporation (Salini Impregilo Group), through its wholly owned subsidiary S.A. Healy Company, have won a design-bid-build contract in the U.S. state of Indiana, valued at $188 million.
Salini Impregilo and Lane’s S.A. Healy bid for the contract together as a joint venture. Salini Impregilo is the parent of Lane.
The Three Rivers Protection & Overflow Reduction Tunnel (3RPORT) is a combined sewer overflow (CSO) tunnel project located in Fort Wayne, Indiana. It includes a deep rock tunnel, drop shafts and consolidation sewers to collect and convey CSO from eight locations along the St. Mary and Maumee Rivers. Once completed, the CSO tunnel system will reduce 90% of combined sewage overflows into the rivers, which occur during large rain storms.
Work is expected to begin in the spring of 2017 and be completed by mid-2021.
The contract belongs to €1.7 billion worth of projects already awarded this year, news of which was announced with the publication of the Group’s preliminary 2016 results.
The 3RPORT CSO tunnel project is Salini Impregilo and S.A. Healy’s fourth in the United States. They are working on the Anacostia River Tunnel project in Washington, D.C., along with Parsons Construction Group, as well as the Dugway Storage Tunnel project in Cleveland, Ohio. Previous work includes the West Side CSO project in Portland, Oregon. Salini Impregilo and S.A. Healy have worked together on six completed or ongoing projects totaling over 20 miles of bored tunnels.
Source: Salini Impregilo
- Fugro undertakes marine and land surveys for strategic UAE Hail and Ghasha Gas Development in the United Arab Emirates
- USA: New Anacostia River Tunnel Project Video
- Parsons appoints new Vice President, Transport Division
- Pöyry awarded Owner's Engineer Services Assignment for a large gas-fired combined Cycle Power Plant Project in Malaysia
- Balfour Beatty Joint Venture awarded Contract for the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority