Salini Impregilo’s U.S. subsidiary, The Lane Construction Corporation, has won a $181-million design-and-build contract to widen Interstate 85 (I-85) in Cherokee County, South Carolina, confirming their leadership in the road and highway sector in the United States where Lane registered a 16.1% rise in revenues and a record order backlog of €3 billion in 2017.
The contract entails rebuilding and widening the interstate from four lanes to six lanes in order to accommodate an increase in traffic. It also includes rebuilding interchange crossing roads and frontage roads and replacing four roadway bridge structures and one railroad bridge. The work is expected to be completed by October 2021.
Salini Impregilo Group is investing in the United States because of its market potential. Its infrastructure needs are expected to total $4.6 trillion by 2025. Early this year, the government proposed a $1.5-trillion plan to encourage investment in the sector.
Listed by specialist publication Engineering News-Record (ENR) among the top 10 in the transportation sector and among the biggest foreign operators in the United States, the Group aims to generate 30% of total revenues in the country by 2019 as it pursues large, complex infrastructure projects. Lane is active in roadwork in Virginia, Florida and Pennsylvania as well as South Carolina. The Group is involved in projects in other sectors, such as a hydraulic tunnel in Washington, D.C., another known as the Three Rivers Protection and Overflow Reduction Tunnel (3RPORT) in Indiana and the Gerald Desmond Bridge in California.
Source: Salini Impregilo
- Implenia wins contract for Project at CERN in France
- Eurovia signs an Agreement to acquire the Civil Engineering Company TNT in Québec in Canada
- SNC-Lavalin and JV Driver awarded important EPC contract from INEOS at Chocolate Bayou, Texas
- Flatiron secures Contract on Winston-Salem Northern Beltway Project
- Moving forward Hand in Hand: MAT Mischanlagentechnik operates under the Name Bauer MAT Slurry Handling Systems