Sandvik establishes a global rock drill competence and development center at its site in Tampere, Finland. The new center will drive the development for rock drills used in underground and surface drilling applications.
“The rock drill innovation program will ensure Sandvik’s technology leadership in the rock drilling business for generations to come,” says Björn Rosengren, President and CEO.
The innovation center will bundle the rock drill technology development capabilities from across the company as well as the current and future production technologies and customers. The focus is on making step-change on research, development and engineering capabilities. Rock drill is the heart of drilling equipment with great influence to the performance and operating costs of the machine.
- Glencore to support Paranapanema Restructuring
- BHP invests in Olympic Dam smelter Operations in Australia
- Rio Tinto delivers for the North
- Renovation of the Battersea Power Station: Bauer executes specialist Foundation Engineering Works
- Sotkamo Silver appoints new Director of the Silver Mine in Finland