Skanska has, in a joint venture with Costain and Strabag, signed an early contractor involvement (ECI) contract with High Speed Two (HS2) Ltd. The total ECI contract is worth GBP 79M. Skanska will include its share of the contract worth GBP 27M, about SEK 300M, in the order bookings for Europe in the third quarter 2017.
The contract includes to develop the scheme design and target cost for two main work construction packages by HS2. The contract award is based on the work already being undertaken by Skanska in joint venture with Costain on the HS2 South Enabling Works and will include, among other work streams, the delivery of two tunneling lots in and close to London.
Skanska’s joint venture with Costain and Strabag has been selected as preferred bidders for the Euston tunnels and approaches and the Northolt tunnels. On completion of the 16-month ECI period, which is estimated to start during the autumn 2017, the main works scope will proceed in early 2019, estimated by the UK Government to be worth about GBP 1.8 billion.
The new HS2 railway will create faster journeys for passengers between Birmingham and London, whilst creating additional capacity to reduce pressure on the network as a whole. The project is due for completion in 2023 with the first trains running in 2026.
- Balfour Beatty Far East Joint Venture wins residential Contract in Hong Kong
- Costain awarded Technology Contract by Highways England
- In-house Exhibition of the Bauer Maschinen Group
- Bauer AG is planning a Change in the Position of the Chairman of the Management Board and on the Supervisory Board
- Pöyry awarded technical Consulting Services Assignment for S7 Expressway in Austria