SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce its new client-facing global structure, following the successful completion of the Atkins integration plan, effective January 1, 2018
SNC-Lavalin (TSX: SNC) is pleased to confirm the successful completion of its 100-day integration plan following the acquisition of Atkins. The integration plan has identified the cost synergies, business development and revenue synergy opportunities, for delivery partially in 2017 and mainly in 2018. During this period, the business has also completed a review of the company’s organizational structure aimed both at integrating Atkins and even more effectively serving its clients worldwide, across its main sectors and global markets.
”We have made tremendous progress over the last few years to improve the ways in which we support clients in critical business projects. This strategic realignment of our global organizational structure demonstrates the depth of talent in our integrated company and our confidence in the company’s longer-term growth opportunities across a range of key areas,” said Neil Bruce, President and CEO. “These important changes, effective January 1, 2018, are an important step forward and build on our recent momentum as we head into the new year. I welcome Nick Roberts into our leadership team and congratulate him and Marie-Claude Dumas on their new appointments.”
Key organisational changes are as follows:
- All Oil & Gas activities will be consolidated into one business led by Christian Brown. This will combine the world-class capabilities from both SNC-Lavalin and Atkins, creating a highly compelling offering across the entire supply chain. The addition of Atkins’ Offshore Upstream technology and capabilities is a real boost to our existing offering as we begin to see a measured return to capital investment from our clients.
- The new Engineering, Design and Project Management activities will be led by Nick Roberts, currently CEO of Atkins’ UK and European business. He will oversee all infrastructure engineering and design services around the world, except for the Canadian market which will remain fully integrated within our Infrastructure sector.
- The previous Power Sector of SNC-Lavalin and the Power element of Atkins’ Energy business create the foundation for two new Sectors in the newly integrated organization, to be called Nuclear and Clean Power respectively. The Atkins and SNC-Lavalin Nuclear businesses will be combined into a single Nuclear sector, under the leadership of Sandy Taylor, and will leverage the unique skills of these respective teams, creating a market-leading capability in this fast-growing sector. We will now be able to serve our clients across the full spectrum of six main business lines: consultancy, EPC(M), field services, technology services, reactor support and decontamination & decommissioning.
- Clean Power activities will be led by Marie-Claude Dumas. These will incorporate our activities in hydro, transmission & distribution, renewables and energy storage. The renewables market is growing at an unprecedented rate throughout the world and we have the skills and capabilities to deliver a fully integrated life of asset service to our clients.
Other positions in the sectors and project investment leadership team are unchanged:
- Infrastructure activities will continue to be led by Ian L. Edwards.
- Mining and Metallurgy activities will continue to be led by José Suárez.
- Capital will continue to be led by Chantal Sorel.
As previously communicated, Atkins will continue to be reported as a single sector until year end, with Q4 2017 being reported on the same basis as in Q3 2017. Effective January 1, 2018, the integrated E&C organisation will report in line with our six new sectors as described above, with Capital being reported separately as per the current reporting structure.
- New Innovation Projects for DMT in the Raw Materials Sector
- Pöyry awarded basic Design Engineering Services Assignment for Beyhan II Dam and Hydroelectric Power Plant in Turkey
- New Hatch Office opens in Melbourne
- Senior and emerging Talent excel for Fugro at prestigious Drilling Awards
- Pöyry awarded Site Supervision Services Assignment for the Rehabilitation of Highways A1 and A10 in Austria