SNC-Lavalin (TSX: SNC) announces that it has been awarded the engineering and design contract in the first stage of an Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (“EPCM”) contract by Gunung Hydropower Sdn. Bhd. for the 10MW Pulau Temelong Hydroelectric Project in Malaysia.
SNC-Lavalin’s scope of work will include full design and engineering for the contract packages covering tender engineering and drawings, detailed implementation schedule, capital costs estimates, cash flow and the tender design report. In addition, SNC-Lavalin will provide assistance to Gunung Hydropower Sdn. Bhd during the tender evaluation, contract negotiation and award.
“We are very pleased to be working in close collaboration with and to have secured this contract from Gunung Hydropower following our successful completion of the feasibility phase of the project development.” said Rob Grant, Senior Vice President, Power, Asia Pacific. “After 30 years of supporting TNB to deliver Malaysia’s portfolio of large scale hydro power projects as owner’s engineer, we are now particularly excited to be supporting private sector clients to develop and deliver hydro projects into Malaysia’s important renewable energy Feed In Tariff market.“
The Pulau Temelong scheme is located on the Perak River in the State of Perak, approximately 20 kilometres upstream of Chenderoh Hydroelectric project and approximately 15 kilometres downstream of the Kenering hydroelectric project, both projects are owned and operated by TNB, the federal utility.
- Pöyry awarded environmental Impact Assessment Assignment for Kafue Gorge Lower Hydropower Project in Zambia, Africa
- Bauer Resources GmbH joins Masdar Institute’s Sustainable Bioenergy Research Consortium as Tier-1 Partner
- Fugro undertakes marine and land surveys for strategic UAE Hail and Ghasha Gas Development in the United Arab Emirates
- Remediation of the Kesslergrube Landfill in Germany: Bauer Umwelt starts regular Excavations
- Pöyry awarded Owner's Engineer Services Assignment for a large gas-fired combined Cycle Power Plant Project in Malaysia