SNC-Lavalin (TSX: SNC) announces that it has been awarded the engineering and design contract in the first stage of an Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (“EPCM”) contract by Gunung Hydropower Sdn. Bhd. for the 10MW Pulau Temelong Hydroelectric Project in Malaysia.
SNC-Lavalin’s scope of work will include full design and engineering for the contract packages covering tender engineering and drawings, detailed implementation schedule, capital costs estimates, cash flow and the tender design report. In addition, SNC-Lavalin will provide assistance to Gunung Hydropower Sdn. Bhd during the tender evaluation, contract negotiation and award.
“We are very pleased to be working in close collaboration with and to have secured this contract from Gunung Hydropower following our successful completion of the feasibility phase of the project development.” said Rob Grant, Senior Vice President, Power, Asia Pacific. “After 30 years of supporting TNB to deliver Malaysia’s portfolio of large scale hydro power projects as owner’s engineer, we are now particularly excited to be supporting private sector clients to develop and deliver hydro projects into Malaysia’s important renewable energy Feed In Tariff market.“
The Pulau Temelong scheme is located on the Perak River in the State of Perak, approximately 20 kilometres upstream of Chenderoh Hydroelectric project and approximately 15 kilometres downstream of the Kenering hydroelectric project, both projects are owned and operated by TNB, the federal utility.
- Akastor ASA: MHWirth awarded Contract for West White Rose Project
- Vinci Subsidiary wins a Contract to build an Oil Pipeline for the Trans Mountain Expansion Project (TMEP) in Canada
- Negotiations finalised: Stake in Rosneft held by Glencore-QIA Consortium
- BAM wins Road Infrastructure Contract at global Trade Enabler DP World’s Flagship in Dubai
- Fugro boosts Offshore Wind Projects in Taiwan