SNC-Lavalin (TSX: SNC) has been awarded a contract by Corporación Nacional del Cobre de Chile (Codelco), one of the largest copper producers in the world, to provide detailed design services for the Talabre Tailings Expansion Phase VIII project, located in the city of Calama, in Chile’s Antofagasta region.
Services for the project will be conducted over an eight-month period and will be carried out by the company’s Mining & Metallurgy team in Santiago, Chile. As part of the services, the team will develop the detailed design of the works, facilities, structures and equipment for various systems and areas of the Talabre tailings facilities, including the clear water recovery and recirculation system. The scope of work also includes the detailed design of a medium voltage electrical power system.
“Following our other recent contract awards with Codelco, this new project award once again solidifies our business relationship with this world-class client”, said José J. Suárez, President, Mining & Metallurgy. “Codelco’s rigorous approach to tailings management on the Talabre project demonstrates their ability to operate facilities safely and in a sustainable way, and we are excited to partner with them on this important project for the region”.
- Eldorado Gold enters constructive Dialogue with Greek Government
- Alberta Transportation awards Peace River Bridge Twinning Project in Alberta to Flatiron/Aecon Joint Venture
- BHP celebrated two important Milestones for Olympic Dam in Australia
- Strabag Subsidiary awarded Tunnelling Contract in Singapore
- Major Contract for Construction of new Lock at Terneuzen in the Netherlands