SNC-Lavalin (TSX: SNC) has been awarded a contract by Corporación Nacional del Cobre de Chile (Codelco), one of the largest copper producers in the world, to provide detailed design services for the Talabre Tailings Expansion Phase VIII project, located in the city of Calama, in Chile’s Antofagasta region.
Services for the project will be conducted over an eight-month period and will be carried out by the company’s Mining & Metallurgy team in Santiago, Chile. As part of the services, the team will develop the detailed design of the works, facilities, structures and equipment for various systems and areas of the Talabre tailings facilities, including the clear water recovery and recirculation system. The scope of work also includes the detailed design of a medium voltage electrical power system.
“Following our other recent contract awards with Codelco, this new project award once again solidifies our business relationship with this world-class client”, said José J. Suárez, President, Mining & Metallurgy. “Codelco’s rigorous approach to tailings management on the Talabre project demonstrates their ability to operate facilities safely and in a sustainable way, and we are excited to partner with them on this important project for the region”.
- Pöyry awarded environmental Impact Assessment Assignment for Kafue Gorge Lower Hydropower Project in Zambia, Africa
- Fugro undertakes marine and land surveys for strategic UAE Hail and Ghasha Gas Development in the United Arab Emirates
- Eldorado announces preliminary 2017 operational Results and partial 2018 Guidance
- Keliber's Lithium chemical Plant will be located in Kokkola in Finland
- LNG Exports break new Records, Coal delivered to the World