- Groupement mobilité inter-rives to prepare opportunity study for the new Quebec City‒Lévis transportation link
- Stantec, Tetra Tech, and Hatch form a joint venture to improve mobility in the Greater Quebec City region
The Groupement mobilité inter-rives―a joint venture composed of Stantec, Tetra Tech, and Hatch―has been chosen by the Quebec Ministry of Transportation, Sustainable Mobility, and Electrification of Transport (MTMDET) to prepare an opportunity study related to the new transportation link between Quebec City and Lévis. This link aims to improve the flow of trips on the Greater Quebec City territory.
Collaborating with internationally renowned partners, the team will carry out and monitor the studies needed for the construction of a new link between Quebec City and Lévis, as well as for the optimization of existing links.
The team will address the optimization of travel between the two shores to reduce regional traffic congestion during rush hour, promote public transit use, and optimize merchandise transportation. The joint venture team will explore types of infrastructure to implement and the required project delivery method.
"We are excited to bring together our multidisciplinary expertise and large pool of highly qualified team members to help improve mobility for the Greater Quebec City area," said Stantec’s Olivier Rochette, vice president and representative of the Groupement mobilité inter-rives joint venture. “Thanks to our major transportation and infrastructure project experience, our team can draw upon our extensive knowledge of the market and the local reality. We look forward to contributing to enhanced local transportation and the resulting improved quality of life for our community."
The opportunity study will enable the Quebec government to decide on the optimal scenario. The Groupement mobilité inter-rives joint venture will also carry out the economic study and preliminary design to provide an outline of the recommended solution.
- Record Coal Role in State Budget delivers for all Queenslanders
- Strategic Market Entry into the Wind Power Market in China
- Porr to build another Gas Pipeline in Poland
- Cimic's Leighton Asia wins Transport Infrastructure Works in Singapore
- Balfour Beatty Far East Joint Venture wins residential Contract in Hong Kong