Vibration is a common cause of interruptions in manufacturing. With the long, slender tools used in internal turning, this challenge is amplified. The connected tool Silent Tools + has been developed to reduce vibration with damping technology and in addition to provide insights from inside the component.
Sensors give real-time access to information from the machining such as vibration levels, the load on the tool and whether or not the tool is in cut. By combining damping technology with connectivity, the solution holds the potential to overcome vibration challenges and keep production running uninterrupted.
The connected tool is part of CoroPlus, the Sandvik Coromant offering of connected solutions that is in keeping with Industry 4.0.
- Atlas Copco collaborates with Saab and Combitech to develop safe Mining Digitalization Solutions
- Sandvik Service Agreement boosts Productivity in China
- Loesche CCG Grinding Plant with modern vertical Roller Mill for Siam City Cement in Sri Lanka
- Skanska’s CEO to step down in 2018
- The Time is now for Digitalization: Equipment for the Mining and Construction Industries