- Design-build of a 10 km water transmission pipeline to supply the centre of Ho Chi Minh City, the economic capital of Vietnam
- Contract with a value of $69 million (€60 million)
Vinci Construction subsidiaries, Vinci Construction Grands Projets and Bessac (Soletanche Bachy) have won the contract to design and build a 10 km treated water transmission pipeline to supply the centre of Ho Chi Minh City, the economic capital of Vietnam. The project is funded by the Asian Development Bank and Sawaco (Saigon Water Corporation) as programme manager.
The contract, signed on 24 August in Ho Chi Minh City, covers detailed project design; production of prefabricated reinforced concrete pipe sections with an outside diameter of 3 metres; pipe installation by means of pipe jacking; drilling of 16 shafts; and construction of 11 connections and five stubs for future connections to the network. The pipeline route runs along metro Line 1, currently under construction, and under the Saigon River.
The combined experience of Vinci Construction Grands Projets in water project management and Bessac in microtunnelling has made it possible to optimise the project and offer the client an economic solution delivered on time following 3.5 years of works.
Vinci in Vietnam
Vinci Construction has operated in Vietnam since 1994. In 2014 it signed a partnership with the Ho Chi Minh City Polytechnic Institute to welcome and train Vietnamese students on Group worksites. Vinci Construction subsidiary Soletanche Bachy built the foundations of several iconic structures, including the Saigon Centre complex and the Vincom Landmark 81 tower; it is currently building the diaphragm walls as part of the construction of Bên Thành station and an underground tunnel on Line 1 of the Ho Chi Minh City metro. Meanwhile, Vinci Construction Grands Projets has supported Vietnam by carrying out a large number of sewer projects for such cities as Thai Nguyen and Hoi An (a UNESCO World Heritage site) in 2016, Vung Tau in 2013, and Ha Dong in 2008.
In September 2016 Vinci Concessions subsidiary Vinci highways signed a strategic partnership with the Vietnam Expressway Corporation (VEC – the Vietnamese highway authority). The goal is to participate in public private partnership projects carried out under the country's ambitious motorway infrastructure development programme.
- Pöyry awarded environmental Impact Assessment Assignment for Kafue Gorge Lower Hydropower Project in Zambia, Africa
- Herrenknecht Borer secures Power Supply in West Africa
- Fugro undertakes marine and land surveys for strategic UAE Hail and Ghasha Gas Development in the United Arab Emirates
- USA: New Anacostia River Tunnel Project Video
- London Bridge Station opens