- Production was largely in line with expectations across all commodity groups.
Atlas Copco, a leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions, has won a significant order from Chilean mining company Sociedad Punta del Cobre SA. The equipment, which will increase productivity and reduce production costs, will be delivered by Epiroc.
Boliden has decided to expand the Kevitsa copper-nickel mine and Harjavalta copper-nickel smelter. In total, EUR 125 m will be invested until 2020.
Medusa Mining Limited (ASX: MML) (Medusa or the Company) announces that it has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with SEA Resources Pty Ltd, Sovann Resources Co., LTD (a related Cambodian entity of SEA) and the shareholders of Sovann (together, referred to as SEA) regarding an exploration opportunity in the Prek Kampi region of Cambodia (MOU). The main target of the exploration project will be gold and copper, but the arrangement is exclusive and will also cover oil and gas and precious stones.
BHP celebrated two significant milestones at Olympic Dam with first ore from the high-grade underground expansion into the Southern Mining Area (SMA) and the first copper cathode produced from its heap leach Research and Development trials.
BHP today announced approval of capital expenditure of US$2.46 billion for the Spence Growth Option (SGO) at the Spence open-cut copper mine in northern Chile, which will extend the mine life by more than 50 years.
MMG Limited announced its second quarter 2017 production result, producing 142,876 tonnes of copper in the three months to June, driven by strong output at the Las Bambas and Kinsevere operations.
One of the richest underground copper deposits in the world will soon be accessed with the help of high-capacity gearless driven conveyors from thyssenkrupp. As one of the leading global providers of mining systems, the Industrial Solutions business area has won a contract to supply a material handling system for the new Oyu Tolgoi underground mine in Mongolia.
Glencore plc (''Glencore'') announces that it has entered into an agreement with Paranapanema (''PMA'') to support its capital and debt restructuring through an investment of R$66,000,000 (Brazilian Reais) or approximately USD$21,000,000 in PMA's possible upcoming issuance of new shares ("the Transaction").
BHP’s Olympic Dam smelter operations will be enhanced through a total of A$350 million investment in the operations, which produce copper products for global markets.
Cimic Group’s mineral processing company, Sedgman, has been awarded a contract by Heron Resources Limited to deliver the Woodlawn zinc-copper processing facility and associated infrastructure.
Glencore has purchased from subsidiaries of Fleurette Properties Limited the Fleurette group's remaining 31% stake in Mutanda Mining Sarl and an approximate 10.25% stake in Katanga Mining Limited.
- Step-out drilling extends length of Kakula Discovery by approximately 1.6 kilometres, or 40%, to at least 5.5 kilometres
- Kakula and Kamoa both remain open for significant expansion
- New resource estimate and preliminary economic assessment being fast-tracked to examine expanded Kamoa-Kakula development options
Ivanhoe Mines (TSX: IVN; OTCQX: IVPAF) Executive Chairman Robert Friedland and Chief Executive Officer Lars-Eric Johansson announced assay results from another 25 holes as part of the ongoing 2016-2017 drilling campaign at the Kakula Discovery on the company’s Tier One Kamoa-Kakula Copper Project, near the mining centre of Kolwezi in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
Turquoise Hill Resources today announced the appointment of Maryse Saint-Laurent, ICD.D, to the Company’s Board as an independent director effective January 4, 2017.
Ivanhoe Mines expects to issue independent, preliminary economic assessment (PEA) of initial options for the start-up of copper mining on the Kakula and Kamoa deposits in the D.R. Congo this week
Organized by the Camera de Comercio Chileno-Suiza and under the patronage of Codelco and Geobrugg Andina S.A. the 1st International Ground Support Summit took place in Santiago de Chile between 8th and 10th November.
- Kipushi’s Big Zinc Deposit has an estimated 10.2 million tonnes of Measured and Indicated Mineral Resources grading 34.9% zinc
- Successful planned restoration of production would make Kipushi the world’s highest-grade major zinc mine
Robert Friedland, Executive Chairman of Ivanhoe Mines (TSX: IVN), and Lars-Eric Johansson, Chief Executive Officer, announced that the company has completed an independently verified, initial Mineral Resource estimate for the extremely-high-gradeKakula Discoveryon the Tier One Kamoa Copper Project, near the mining centre of Kolwezi in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The Kamoa-Kakula Project is a joint venture between Ivanhoe Mines, Zijin Mining and the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Eldorado Gold Corporation, ("Eldorado" or "the Company") announces plans at four new exploration projects.
- The large Bolcana porphyry copper-gold system in Romania, recently acquired through public auction, provides a new opportunity contiguous with the Company's growing land package in the highly prospective Apuseni mining district in Romania.
- The Borborema and Nazareno gold projects in Brazil will be explored under an option agreement with Votorantim Metais. These new projects expand the Brazilian exploration portfolio into two regions with proven metallogenic potential, and establishes a partnership with a highly respected local mining company with a long history of discovery and mine development.
- The Karavansalija Mineralized Centre project in Serbia is a large skarn and epithermal system with multiple mineralized zones and untested targets, and provides an entry into this emerging mining-friendly jurisdiction.
- Production, as expected, was down period-on-period in commodities where we previously announced, and are delivering on, proactive supply reductions (copper, zinc, lead, coal and oil).
- Own sourced copper production of 703,000 tonnes was 4% down on H1 2015, due to the previously announced curtailments at our African operations, partly offset by generally higher grades in South America.