The proposed Rithala-Narela corridor of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) may possibly be extended up to Kundli in Haryana to provide additional connectivity to the neighbouring state. If approved, this will be Delhi Metro’s fourth expansion into Haryana after Yellow Line (Gurugram), Violet Line (Faridabad) and Green Line (Bahadurgarh).
With the groundbreaking ceremony for a new E-Mobility plant in July, ASTA has opened a new chapter. The ~1,000m2 large facility, complete with its own research laboratory, is built next to an existing plant in Baoying, China. It meets the high requirements of the automotive industry and the E-Mobility sector. Completion is scheduled for the end of 2023.
Costain announces key contract extension by United Utilities
Costain announces key contract extension by United Utilities (Credits: Costain)
- United Utilities extends Costain contract into next water regulatory cycle
- Two-year contract from May 2024 – May 2026
- Option for a further three-year extension
Costain has been appointed by United Utilities to work as its Managed Service Provider (MSP) for a further two years, from May 2024 to May 2026. This contract extension has an option to be extended for a further three years and builds on the original five-year MSP contract awarded in 2019. The award extends into the next regulatory cycle (AMP8 2025-2030).
United Utilities is the UK’s largest listed water company and is working to ensure the resilience of its network to the effects of climate change, including improving the quality of its wastewater effluent and providing a reliable drinking water supply to its customers.
Since 2019, Costain has provided management and asset maintenance activities throughout the north-west at 96 water treatment sites, 575 wastewater treatment sites, pumping stations and service reservoirs which serve over seven million people.
The MSP Framework consists of two types of work:
- Core contract: This includes maintenance services of very high-volume, short-duration activities to over 900 sites covering repair, replacement and refurbishment of equipment such as pumps. It also covers core projects which are of a greater scale and complexity, delivered as projects. Since the start of 2022 the MSP has developed solutions to 132 Core Projects including installation of a new mixer system within Wayoh Impounding Reservoir, Lancashire and an upgrade to existing gas holders at Manchester Bio-resource Centre (MBC) at Davyhulme Wastewater Treatment Works in Greater Manchester.
- Non-core contract: This includes the delivery of larger capital projects such as the design and construction of remedial improvements to the Clough Bottom Impounding Reservoir in Lancashire and upgrades to the Audlem Wastewater Treatment Works in Cheshire.
- Within the MSP Framework, Costain has delivered a wide range of activities and projects to date and made a significant contribution to United Utilities meeting key regulatory requirements.
Sam White, managing director of the natural resources division at Costain said: “This is a strategically important contract for Costain. We’ve already delivered big improvements working together with United Utilities on the MSP Framework, leveraging increased automation of data processing and insights to enhance our service delivery. I’m delighted that we’ll be continuing this relationship to help United Utilities ensure a sustainable, resilient and efficient service for its customers.”
On 13 July, Kisoon Park took over the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Doosan Lentjes, a leading provider of environmental technologies. Kisoon Park replaces Sanghoun Park, who had been in charge of finance on the executive board since 2020.
Inspections of Flexible Protection Systems against Natural Hazards – Using and passing on Special Knowledge
Inspections of flexible protection systems against natural hazards are becoming increasingly important. Geobrugg passes on its knowledge in socalled CONSIS courses to keep the function of structures...
Students from Freiberg University Mines Rescue and Mine-gas Protection Brigade highly placed at International Event
A team from Freiberg University of Mining and Technology has taken second place at this year’s MERD international mines rescue competition (Mine Emergency Rescue Development), which was held a...
Single-bar Anchors in Geotechnics - CO2 Footprint, technological and Construction Properties of a Ground-Anchor System
When selecting single-bar anchors to secure site excavations or slopes and embankments, the steel grade has a major influence on the loadbearing capacity, on construction management, and on the carb...
28.11.2023 - 30.11.2023
12.12.2023 - 13.12.2023
14.12.2023 - 15.12.2023
14.12.2023 - 15.12.2023
World’s longest Railway Tunnel Project – supported by innovative Conveyor Digitalisation and reliable Engineering
17. October 2022 (1952 Clicks)
The consortium BTC Brennero Tunnel Construction and the Hosch Group jointly delivered on a world-class tunnelling project by combining excellent engineering with the innovative remote monitoring system Hoschiris Discover.
27. September 2018 (12933 Clicks)
Das Buch 5 der Reihe „Dokumentation der technischen Entwicklung bei der RAG“ stellt die Entwicklungen der vergangenen fünf Jahrzehnte aus dem Bereich Grubensicherheit dar. Der erste Band beschäftigt sich mit den Themen Bewetterung, Klimatisierung, Gasbeherrschung, Wetterüberwachung, Gasausbruchs- und Gebirgsschlagverhütung.
27.11.2023 (220 Clicks)
01.11.2023 (161 Clicks)