Komatsu’s digital Operator Guidance Monitor
Komatsu’s digital Operator Guidance Monitor (Credits: Komatsu)
Komatsu’s Operator Guidance Monitor (OGM) is a revolutionary tool designed to optimize the efficiency of your fleet of rigid dump trucks, and to reduce unit production costs.
Its easy-to-use, clear program allows you to set Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets and adjust operating parameters, to let your Komatsu trucks operate in the most efficient way possible. OGM is a tool thanks to which operators control and optimize their work in real time. It helps raise and refine their skills, resulting in higher fuel savings and productivity, and increased safety on the jobsite.
“The system is very easy to use” says Marek Sosnik Dump truck operator at Heidelberg Materials. Before starting work I must log into it and just follow the instructions displayed on the screen.”
Marek Skrzydel, Quarry manager at Heidelberg Materials says: “This system allows us to analyse data in real time and we can analyse production and discuss the achieved goals by operator on an ongoing basis.”
Customers can quickly set parameters such as payload, planned duration and fuel consumption for each work cycle, idle time, and production (tonnes per hour), target by loading and dumping location. The OGM screen also shows real-time warnings for dangerous operating events, such as excessive speed and sudden braking. Thanks to a unique login ID, operators’ performance can be analysed individually.
Can-bus data from the machine's operation are sent automatically, the user has access to them via a web-based dashboard. The data can be filtered by date, machine, shift, operator and loading and dumping locations.
“Operator guidance monitor is one of the new digital Komatsu solutions to support our customers with their daily quarry operation” says Wouter Boon Telematics specialist at Komatsu Europe. “Operator guidance monitor gives a possibility to set visualized KPI for the operators and follow up and adjust if needed in real time.”
A summary of OGM benefits
- In the back office, target KPIs and event thresholds such as speed limits are set up for each haul road from any remote location. The status of each target can be followed by date, time, shift, or operator. The automatic data acquisition from the machine allows remote reporting of production and event data via the dashboard.
- Each operator has his own OGM account. Before starting work, he logs directly into the tool’s easy-to-operate 8' monitor installed inside the cabin.
- After logging in, the system automatically detects and displays the haul road specific KPI’s on the monitor, according to which the operator adjusts the pace and dynamics of the hauler's work. Thanks to real-time feedback of operation data, each operator can follow up on individual KPI, as optimal values when loading, transporting, and unloading material.
- With parameter values updated in real time, the operator learns how to operate the machine at its best. No input from the operator is required and self-learning is encouraged through this ‘visualization’ of operation performance. This all results in fuel savings and more efficient production, achieved in the safest way possible.
- With real time operator alarms for unsafe operation, such as over speeding or sudden braking, job site safety is improved and can be monitored continuously.
Topcon Positioning Systems announces a new addition to its Topcon Solutions Store (TSS) organization. Boyd Instrument and Supply of Horsham, Pennsylvania is now part of the TSS North American retail channel and joins a growing network of stores, currently across 20 states.
Anglo American plc notes the announcement by Anglo American Platinum Limited released to the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. The text of the announcement is copied below:
The Board of Anglo American Platinum Limited announces the appointment of Craig Miller as CEO, with effect from 1 October 2023, following Natascha Viljoen’s decision in February to take up the COO role at Newmont Corporation.
The proposed Rithala-Narela corridor of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) may possibly be extended up to Kundli in Haryana to provide additional connectivity to the neighbouring state. If approved, this will be Delhi Metro’s fourth expansion into Haryana after Yellow Line (Gurugram), Violet Line (Faridabad) and Green Line (Bahadurgarh).
With the groundbreaking ceremony for a new E-Mobility plant in July, ASTA has opened a new chapter. The ~1,000m2 large facility, complete with its own research laboratory, is built next to an existing plant in Baoying, China. It meets the high requirements of the automotive industry and the E-Mobility sector. Completion is scheduled for the end of 2023.
Increased recycling of critical metals such as tungsten can make raw material supplies more secure and sustainable worldwide. To achieve this, closed value cycles should be established. Achieving th...
Dams and reservoirs are suffering from increasing siltation as a result of sediment deposition. This poses a threat to drinking water supplies, flood defences and flora and fauna in the downstream reaches and also compromises hydroelectric power generation systems. An efficient and sustainable sediment management regime is therefore urgently needed....
EU-funded MaDiTraCe Project to promote transparent ESG-standards for Critical Raw Material (CRM) Supply Chains
In 2023 MaDiTraCe, a research and innovation project funded by the Horizon Europe programme, started with the goal of developing digital and geo-based approaches to ensure sustainable and transparen...
12.12.2023 - 13.12.2023
14.12.2023 - 15.12.2023
14.12.2023 - 15.12.2023
GEOTEC HANOI 2023 – The 5th International Conference on Geotechnics for Sustainable Infrastructure Development
18.12.2023 - 19.12.2023
World’s longest Railway Tunnel Project – supported by innovative Conveyor Digitalisation and reliable Engineering
17. October 2022 (2003 Clicks)
The consortium BTC Brennero Tunnel Construction and the Hosch Group jointly delivered on a world-class tunnelling project by combining excellent engineering with the innovative remote monitoring system Hoschiris Discover.
27. December 2019 (13376 Clicks)
Das Buch 1 "Technikentwicklung und Forschung der RAG" behandelt zusammenfassend die Ergebnisse der Bücher 2 bis 6 und ergänzt um das Thema Lagerstätte aus dem Buch 7. Das Thema „Forschung und Entwicklung“ wird genauso behandelt, wie der Streckenausbau, die Entwicklung der Technikbereiche, die Bergwerksautomatisierung und die Unternehmensdigitalisierung.
27.11.2023 (562 Clicks)
22.11.2023 (165 Clicks)
24.11.2023 (149 Clicks)