HS2’s 2.7km Greatworth ‘green tunnel’ will be built on the surface before being covered by earth, trees and shrubs to fit in with the Northamptonshire countryside
Sika: Board and Group Management changes - New Growth Strategy 2028
- Thierry F. J. Vanlancker to be proposed as new Chair of the Board of Directors at the Annual General Meeting 2024
- Paul Hälg has decided to step down after twelve successful years
- Rotation in Group Management ahead of new Growth Strategy 2028
Today, Sika announces planned changes to the Board of Directors and the Group Management. The decisions have been made ahead of the presentation of the new growth strategy at the Capital Markets Day on October 3, 2023.
Thierry F. J. Vanlancker will be proposed as new Chair of the Board of Directors at the next Annual General Meeting in 2024, as Paul Hälg has decided to step down from his position after twelve successful years to make way for a new era. Thierry F. J. Vanlancker has been a member of the Board since 2019. He has held various management positions in the chemical sector for more than 30 years and possesses in-depth knowledge of strategy, M&A, product development, sales & marketing with specific know-how in chemicals and distribution. Paul Hälg has been a member of the Board of Directors since 2009 and the Chair of the Board since 2012. During this time, Sika has seen significant profitable growth and numerous successful acquisitions and integrations, with Parex and MBCC as outstanding examples.
Thomas Hasler, CEO: “Paul has been a tremendous force and driver of our success in the past twelve years. His experience and strategic vision were crucial for Sika to become as successful as the company is now. He was especially instrumental during our historic fight for independence during a three-and-a-half-year hostile take-over battle that was resolved in June 2018. Sika and its 33,000 employees are more than grateful for his dedication and leadership as Chair of the Board during this time. Now, we are looking forward to working together with Thierry who we are convinced is a suitable successor to Paul, thanks to his broad experience in our sector and in the area of ESG.”
To enhance the capabilities and know-how of the Group Management in light of the new Growth Strategy 2028, the following changes to the management team will be effective as of October 1, 2023.
- Christoph Ganz, currently Regional Manager Americas, is appointed Regional Manager EMEA. He joined Sika 27 years ago, has been a member of Group Management since 2007, and previously held positions in Switzerland, France, and the USA.
- Mike Campion, currently Regional Manager Asia/Pacific, is appointed Regional Manager Americas. He joined Sika 25 years ago and has been a member of Group Management since 2017. He has worked in the USA and in Asia/Pacific.
- Philippe Jost, currently Head Construction, is appointed Regional Manager Asia/Pacific. He joined Sika 26 years ago, has been a member of Group Management since 2019, and has held various management positions in the USA and in Switzerland.
- Ivo Schädler, currently Regional Manager EMEA, is appointed Head Construction. He joined Sika 26 years ago, has been a member of Group Management since 2017, and has held managerial positions in both Switzerland and the UK.
- Raffaella Marzi, currently Head Human Resources & Compliance, will additionally act as Head Legal. She takes over from Stefan Mösli, who has decided to step down after successfully heading the department since 1996. Raffaella Marzi joined Sika nine years ago and has been a member of Group Management since 2020. Under her leadership, Sika has successfully integrated the Parex workforce and prepared the MBCC integration. Stefan Mösli will remain with Sika as Senior Counsel.
Thomas Hasler, CEO: “We are very proud to have such a fantastic management team with so many strong leaders. Their extensive experience and dedication will successfully drive the execution of our new Growth Strategy 2028 and will further strengthen our organization. I’m looking forward to working with this team in its new setup. With these changes, we shape Sika for the years to come.”
In June 2023, a resilient 8.0 m diameter Robbins Single Shield TBM completed its second tunnel at Turkey’s Bahçe-Nurdaği Railway. The machine completed 9.6 km of tunneling, adding on to the 9.2 km it completed in its initial railway tunnel in 2020 – for a total of more than 18 km bored.
Mining and Resources in Europe: The quest for sustainability and innovation as Germany and Finland head down under for IMARC 2023
Germany, often hailed for its technological prowess and commitment to environmental sustainability, finds itself at a crossroads when it comes to its mining and resources future.
Historically, mining has played a vital role in Germany’s economy, but the industry now faces a multitude of challenges that demand a balanced approach to ensure economic growth and environmental conservation while reducing the country’s reliance on imported resources.
Boliden and Volvo Autonomous Solutions (V.A.S.) establishes a long-term collaboration around autonomous transports
Boliden and Volvo Autonomous Solutions (V.A.S.) have entered into a long-term strategic collaboration regarding the implementation of autonomous transport solutions at Boliden’s mines. The first project is located at the Garpenberg mine and will be initiated already during 2023.
Skilled professionals in our geotechnical, tunnelling, mining and raw materials sectors make an important contribution to sustainable and fair living conditions....
From first Ideas to Implementation – Satisfaction is guaranteed when we are enthusiastic about what we construct!
Enthusiasm about what we do when we build something is an important key to job satisfaction; communicating this to others, valuing people we deal with, and attracting skilled personnel in future gen...
As a result of demographic trends and the huge challenge that climate change has brought to society many of the companies involved in the geotechnical engineering, tunnel construction and mineral ex...
12.12.2023 - 13.12.2023
14.12.2023 - 15.12.2023
14.12.2023 - 15.12.2023
GEOTEC HANOI 2023 – The 5th International Conference on Geotechnics for Sustainable Infrastructure Development
18.12.2023 - 19.12.2023
World’s longest Railway Tunnel Project – supported by innovative Conveyor Digitalisation and reliable Engineering
17. October 2022 (1987 Clicks)
The consortium BTC Brennero Tunnel Construction and the Hosch Group jointly delivered on a world-class tunnelling project by combining excellent engineering with the innovative remote monitoring system Hoschiris Discover.
02. April 2019 (13157 Clicks)
Das Buch 6 der Reihe „Dokumentation der technischen Entwicklung bei der RAG“ stellt die Entwicklung der Management- und Bildungssysteme für technische Prozesse, also z.B. zur Effizienzsteigerung, zum Arbeits-, Gesundheits- und Umweltschutz sowie zur Ausbildung und beruflichen Fortbildung, bei der RAG dar.
27.11.2023 (517 Clicks)
24.11.2023 (135 Clicks)
22.11.2023 (132 Clicks)